Monday, June 29, 2009

Not the First...

...apparently.

As I sat in traffic last week, humming to myself the millionth one-liner about a nearby driver, I thought "Commusings" would be the most original name for a traffic vent blog! After all, who else would be clever enough to think of musings and commuting as one word as recent pop culture has encouraged us to do? Surely no one...

However, not only was I wrong in this assumption, but I failed to realize the other words that could be combined with musing to create the whimsical word, "commusing".

And upon googling my well-thought, clever, creative word, I was sorely surprised at the overuse of the word, not only for my meaning, but as a well-thought, clever, creative typo for the common word, "commuting".

And so, enter blog entry 1. I am not original. But I am currently humbled. And while my "commusings" may not be unique, that is precisely why I record them. Perhaps there are others who can relate to the heinous activity that occurs on the roadways daily...and you can scowl and sulk here with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment