Monday, July 27, 2009

Prison Detail?

Turning on to a fairly busy highway the other day, I noticed a big, orange, diamond-shaped sign marked 'Prison Detail'. I have seen these signs before, and they normally indicate that inmates are nearby down the road picking up trash and such (which we absolutely need now that budget cuts include county landscapers...).





On this particular day, I continued down all seven miles of the road...seeing a total of zero prisoners (and don't try to tell me they were in street clothes...because there were no people on the median at all)...





...





Did you hear me?? They were gone!! Surely there must have been an escape of some sort. No well-paid, well-benefitted happy government employee would be so careless as to leave a 3-foot eyesore on the median to panic and wreak havoc on the fragile hearts of worrisome old ladies...





So, be on the look out in the 5 or 6 men in bright orange jumpsuits (I'm sure they're still wearing them)...

No comments:

Post a Comment