Thursday, July 23, 2009

Smoking Drivers

Dear Smokers Who Drive,


I will not address the nasty habit/addiction of smoking here. I will only remark on the habits you all have while driving.


Actually just one in particular...


What, praytell, do you do with a cigarette when you are done smoking it (or whatever makes a cigarette disposable...to a smoker, that is) in the car?


Here is a list of things you could do with them, but to those of you who are throwing them out the window: Did you know that throwing a cigarette out your window is like honking your horn at the people behind you (your angry horn...not your friendly horn or your "wake up, dude" horn)? It's true. When a cigarette is coming at me from the person in front of me, bouncing off the asphalt and hitting my windshield, I cannot help but wonder if I have angered the smoking driver...


So, smokers, if you wouldn't honk your horn at the person behind you, don't throw your cigarette out. If you would, don't throw your cigarette and honk the horn...


Note: I was completely unaware that this was a activist issue. But apparently, it is...apparently there are groups of smokers against this type of thing...no comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment